Proof of the following immunizations:
- TDAP within last 10 years
- 2 MMR or proof of immunity (CDC requires 28 days between vaccines)
- 2 Varicella or proof of immunity (CDC requires 28 days between vaccines)
- 2 Negative PPD (TB) within the past 12 months. The last test must be within 1 year of the last day of the class. We will accept the QuantiFERON Gold
- TB Blood Test
- Negative Chest X-ray if there is a positive PPD
- 3 Hepatitis B or sign decline waiver
- Flu shot for classes with clinical dates between October 15 and April 30
- Copy of CPR certification – American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider certification is required. Online CPR is not accepted as you must actually demonstrate CPR on a mannequin in front of an instructor for your CPR certification to be accepted.
Upon successful completion of the Nurse Aide course, students will be eligible to take the NNAAP examination and become licensed Certified Nursing Assistants in the state of Virginia.