Moon River Nursing Careers in partnership with the American Red Cross offers the Nurse Assistant/Nurse Aide course tailored to prepare students to become Certified Nursing Assistants and get them ready to work as healthcare professionals.. To become a CNA, a student must first successfully complete the 120 hour nurse assistant course. The student is then ready to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam. The test is made up of a written portion and the student showing he or she can successfully perform the skills required as a CNA.
Moon River Nursing Careers provides students with practice written tests in preparation for the exam. Practice sessions in the skills lab prepares students to perform the following skills:
1. Hand Hygiene (Hand Washing)
2. Applies One Knee-High Elastic Stocking
3. Assist to Ambulate Using Transfer Belt
4. Assists with Use of BedPan
5. Cleans Upper or Lower Denture
6. Count and Record Radial Pulse
7. Counts and Record Respiration
8. Donning and Removing PPE (Gown and Glove)
9. Dresses Client with Affected (Weak) Right Arm
10. Feed Client Who Cannot Feed Self
11. Gives Modified Bed Bath (Face, and One Arm, Hand, and Underarm)
12. Measures and Record Blood Pressure
13. Measures and Record Urinary Output
14. Measure and Record Weight of Ambulatory Client
15. Performs Modified Passive Range of Motion (PROM) for One Knee and One Ankle
16. Performs Modified Passive Range of Motion (PROM) for One Shoulder
17. Positions on Side
18. Provides Catheter Care for Female
19. Provides Foot Care on One Foot
20. Provides Mouth Care
21. Provides Perineal Care (Peri-Care) For Female
22. Transfer From Bed to Wheelchair Using Transfer Belt
23. Measure and records manual blood pressure
We use a Blended Learning model to train nursing assistants that includes:
• on-line learning (50 hours),
• on-site training sessions in our skills lab (30 hours), and
• clinical training (40 hours) at an assisted living community.
The online instruction uses videos and story telling. The students have access to the on-line portal and can take the training anytime that is convenient for them.The instructional videos teach the skills and best practices for interacting with patients.
The hands-on training in the Moon River Nursing Careers skills lab allows for social distancing. Our lab has 8 hospital beds and each student has his or her own work station.
In just 4 -5 weeks you will be prepared to successfully pass the state exam to become a CNA (certified nursing assistant).
There is a shortage of certified nursing assistants and a student can choose where he or she wants to work. Whether your goal is to work in a hospital, nursing home, assisted living, memory care, Hospice or Home Health, we can help you succeed!
Contact us today to learn more about enrolling in the Nurse Aide training at Moon River Nursing Careers. Come tour our beautiful school and meet our instructors. You will quickly see why Moon River Nursing Careers is the best place to train to become a CNA.
Please call/text our Program Director and Lead Instructor, Betsy Palewicz RN, BSN at (703) 955-1811 if you are interested in starting the Nurse Assistant training with us and touring our school. Students can also start the enrolling process by requesting an appointment at https://moonrivernursingcareers.com/enroll-now/
We look forward to meeting you!
Moon River Nursing Careers is located in Ashburn, VA and is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing to teach the Nurse Aide course.